What is Tire Rotation?
What is tire rotation? You’ve probably heard the term thrown around or mentioned when you schedule service, but you might not know what it means. Well, tire rotation is important to maintain traction, prevent blowouts, and even improve fuel economy.
What Does Rotating Tires Mean?
Tire rotation is easy enough to understand: tires are moved from one position on a vehicle to another. In most cases, the front tires will move to the rear and the rear tires will move to the front. They may also change sides, so what was the rear left tire will end up as the front right tire.
Most cars carry more weight at the front, so front tires will typically wear out faster. Tire rotation is performed to prevent uneven wear, and that’s extremely important for their longevity, whether you’re sticking to short commutes between Naperville and Aurora or making a cross-country drive.
What Does Tire Rotation Do?
- Maintains Traction: When tires wear down, they lose tread depth. A loss of tread depth means traction is reduced, which can interfere with your ability to control the vehicle in certain situations. Preventing uneven tire wear helps ensure that all tires have the same amount of tread.
- Prevents Blowouts: Tires become more likely to fail as they get worn down. If you’ve ever had one blow out as you drive, you’ll know how unpleasant and potentially dangerous it can be.
- Improves Performance: Tires working together that have uneven wear often produce vibration, which you’ll eventually feel through the steering wheel.
- Maximizes Efficiency: Worn tires create drag, placing strain on the engine and increasing your fuel consumption.
Have All Your Tire Rotation Needs Addressed at Napleton Mazda of Naperville
Our tire center can provide advice and help you determine the condition of your tires. For any advice or assistance, such as how to figure out the size of tires you need or even how to replace your car battery yourself, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Why Buy from Napleton Mazda of Naperville?
We’re always happy to offer automotive advice here at Napleton Mazda of Naperville, but we do more than that. Here are just a few other ways we give back to customers in Joliet and throughout Chicagoland:
- Complimentary loaner vehicles for services over an hour.
- Complimentary shuttle service to help you get where you need to go, even when your car’s not available.
- Enjoy a complimentary car wash with your auto service — we’ll even vacuum the interior and clean the windows!
- We have a full-service detail department that can get your car looking great.
- We service all makes and models.